The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk
This site is provided and supported by Medicinechest Ltd for Homecare Yorkshire Limited.
You can contact our DPO by wiriting to Medicinechest Ltd, St. Mary's Court, The Broadway, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0UT
Where enabled, the online shopping function on this site is provided by HI Weldrick Ltd whose DPO you can contact in writing, c/o Data Protection Officer, Unit 3B White Rose Park, Ten Pound Walk, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN4 5FB
- Homecare Yorkshire Limited, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd take your privacy and data protection very seriously.
- Registration on this site is only requested if either online shopping or online nhs repeat prescription ordering is enabled on the site and used by you.
Medicinechest Ltd is your Data Processor for the purposes of providing the services available on this site - nhs online repeat prescription ordering and online appointment booking, the registered user information database.
- Where enabled our online retail sales are processed and filled on our behalf by HI Weldrick Ltd
- HI Weldrick Ltd is your Data Controller for the purposes of processing your online retail orders where shopping is available on website.
- Medcinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd privacy policies are available here and here.
- Your personal information is stored encrypted on servers in the UK and the EEA. Medicinechest Ltd may at times process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area) to deliver site and app services, for example to process email and push notification updates. Medicinechest Ltd shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
- We will otherwise never pass, sell or share your personally identifiable data to third parties except when legally required to do so or when you have specifically given us consent to do so.
You may review, edit, or soft delete your information at any time. ( Homecare Yorkshire Limited and HI Weldrick Ltd are obliged to keep some data for certain periods of time for the purposes of patient safety, professional pharmacy regulations and NHS record keep and business processing and Medicinechest Ltd may also have to retain your data for those purposes only.)
- If you use the online shopping facility you will receive email updates on your order.
- If you use the online nhs repeat prescription facility on this site you will receive email updates on your prescription request and automated email reminders if you request them. If you use the MyPrescriptions mobile app for Android or IOS, in addition to email updates and reminders, you will receive push notification updates on your request and push notification re-order reminders.
- Every effort has been made to make sure our databases are secure. Your information can only be accessed by Homecare Yorkshire Limited and trusted HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd staff and IT contractors. Occasionally, information may be viewed by trusted third parties such as Doctors and IT personnel for the purpose of improving this site.
- The site and app, our servers and third party service providers wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However, no data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- Your Community Pharmacist may use the information you supply to help in improving your wellbeing by informing your health decisions through advice, diagnostic testing and the management of chronic conditions. The information you supply here is important and will help Homecare Yorkshire Limited, HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd understand your health needs better and improve the service given to you.With your permission only, Homecare Yorkshire Limited, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd may in future use this information to:
- Update you with information on services relevant to you provided by Homecare Pharmacy Services and the NHS.
- Update you with relevant pharmacy and general health, diet and wellbeing retail offers
- Update you with any public health alerts, drug recalls and changes in treatment advice and also information relevant to your condition(s)
- Medicinechest Ltd and Homecare Yorkshire Limited may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) in order to describe sales, prescription demand, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, suppliers, medical researchers, sponsors, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose depersonalised aggregated data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose your personal data if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- the administration of justice
- where we have to defend ourselves legally
- complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Medicinechest Ltd or users of our services.
At Homecare Yorkshire Limited we are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to ensure you receive a personalised experience of the services you have requested from us. In order to provide the best service we can we need to collect and store information about you and the services we have provided to you.
What information do we collect and store?
- When you buy goods or services from us we will collect and store certain personal information to allow us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of your order status.
- We will ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order such as a product recall.
- For customers ordering pharmacy only medicines from this website we will ask for additional information to ensure that our pharmacists can check that the medicine is suitable for you to use.
- For patients who wish to use our NHS Prescription service we will need to know whether you pay for your NHS prescriptions and if not the reason that you are exempt from payment. Additionally, we will collect information about your existing medical conditions and any prescription medication that are prescribed for you by your doctor.
- We will collect and store details of all medicines and other products we supply to you, and also all medicines that you or your doctor tell us you may be supplied on repeat prescription.
How do we use it?
- We may occasionally use the information we collect to notify you about important functionality changes on the web site and Homecare Yorkshire Limited promotions we think you'll find valuable. You may notify us that you do not wish to receive this promotional information at registration, or at any time by following the instructions on the emails you receive.
- We will use the information to look after your healthcare as best we can, and that may mean us contacting you in certain circumstances that are relevant to your ongoing care.
Will Homecare Yorkshire Limited disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
- Occasionally we make details available to companies whose products or services we think may interest our customers. If you do not wish to receive such offers please login to your account and change the setting to indicate "No" for "Selected company data sharing".
- We may also disclose information to outside parties if we are required by law to do so. For example prescribers must be notified where a patient presents a repeat prescription and the pharmacist becomes aware of clinically significant issues arising in connection with that prescription. We are also permitted by law to disclose information where the public interest overrides the need to keep the information confidential.
- Anyone who receives information from us also has a legal duty to keep this information confidential, subject to recognised exceptions of the types listed above.
- By using our Web site, you consent to the collection and use of information you submit Homecare Yorkshire Limited for the purposes described above. If we decide to change our data protection policy, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, and how we use it.
- You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the common law duty of confidence (the Disability Discrimination and the Race Relations Acts may also apply).
- We also comply with the NHS Code of Practice on Confidentiality and pharmacists have a requirement under their professional Code of Ethics to keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate.
- All of our staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential.
Your right to view your health record
- You have the right to ask for a copy of all the information we store about you.
- There may be a charge to have a printed copy of the information held about you. Your request must be made in writing to Homecare Yorkshire Limited. We are required to respond to your request within 40 days.
- You will need to give adequate information in order for pharmacy staff to identify you (for example, full name, address and date of birth). You will be required to provide ID, for example a passport, full driving license or credit/debit card before any information is released to you.
- If you think any information we hold on you is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact 01845 578879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org